A few weeks ago, I shared on Instagram that I’d mastered my family’s favorite pasta recipe! You all were so quick to request the recipe, so I’m here to share! I hope this pasta is devoured as quickly by your family as it was by mine!
The Perfect Pasta Recipe
🍝 1 lb Spiral Pasta (I like Tinkyada)
🍝 1 can of Classico traditional sweet basil pasta sauce
🍝 Half an onion
🍝 2 garlic cloves
🍝 2lb wagyu ground beef
🍝 Italian Seasoning
- In a large pot, turn the heat to high and add water to boil for the pasta
- In a large cast iron, sauté half an onion and 2 garlic cloves.
- Add the 2lb of ground beef and brown on medium heat
- While the ground beef is browning, add pasta to boiling water & add salt
- Add salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to the ground beef and continue mixing on medium/high heat
- Once ground beef is browned, add 1 can of tomato sauce
- Mix well on medium/high heat and bring to a low simmer until the sauce starts to thicken
- As the tomato sauce thickens, slowly add 1/4 cup of the pasta water (this is the secret ingredient) and mix well (When I made this the other day, I ended up adding 3/4 cup of pasta water) You don’t want to the sauce watery so give it time to mix and evaporate.
- Serve with a yummy salad or a French baguette 🤤